The coast of Tasmania is a beauty to behold – see it from a new perspective on this eight-day small-group tour (max. 10 travellers). Answer the call of the wild and embark on a journey that starts in Hobart and travels through Maria Island and Freycinet National Park, with one-of-a-kind stays for an experience like no other.
Be enthralled by the sheer beauty of the peninsula on a three-hour Tasman Island wilderness cruise along the spectacular coastline between Port Arthur and Eaglehawk Neck, spotting waterfalls, seals and migrating whales along the way, followed by a tour of the Port Arthur Historic Site, one of Australia’s best preserved convict-era heritage sites. Next, take a private catamaran through the sparkling waters of Mercury Passage to the extraordinary Maria Island, where your all-inclusive, four-day walking adventure begins. A destination so beautiful it truly must be seen to be believed, Maria Island is rich in fascinating history, boasts outstanding wildlife viewing opportunities and is home to a number of remarkable geological wonders. Here, you’ll stroll picturesque coastal and inland trails, passing rare cloud rainforests and Tasmanian blue gums while listening to the sounds of the forest and the lapping of the waves. Then, discover the jaw-dropping beauty of Freycinet National Park where dramatic pink granite peaks, secluded bays and white sandy beaches await. Take in the beauty of Wineglass Bay from the upper deck of a luxurious catamaran and enjoy rarely seen vistas from the water.
With expert insights, unique experiences, luxury accommodation including a waterfront stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart and two nights at the award-winning Freycinet Lodge, and gourmet dining with almost every meal included, Tasmania’s dazzling coast is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Your tour includes:
- Seven nights of accommodation – including two nights at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart, two nights at wilderness campsites on Maria Island, one night at the heritage-listed Bernacchi House and two nights at the luxurious Freycinet Lodge
- Daily breakfast, all-inclusive dining in Maria Island and Freycinet National Park plus additional dining experiences as specified in the itinerary, including a three-course welcome dinner with matched wines
- Take to the water and cruise along the Tasman Peninsula on a three-hour wildlife cruise
- Learn about the fascinating history of Port Arthur with a guided tour
- Embark on a four-day walking experience through Maria Island
- Cruise the coastline of Freycinet National Park from Coles Bay to Wineglass Bay
- Return catamaran transfers to Maria Island
- The services of an expert local driver-guides
- Private arrival transfer from Hobart and shared return transfer
- All entrance fees and sightseeing per the itinerary
Your journey takes you to: Hobart — Maria Island — Freycinet National Park — Hobart.
Book with confidence: If you are unable to travel as a result of Government travel restrictions, we will assist you with a date change, provide you with a credit or process a refund for your booking less any non-recoverable costs.
Let’s Get You There – Enquire Below