From the unspoiled, palm-fringed islands of the Great Barrier Reef to the rugged coastline of Hobart, prepare to fall under the spell of the wildly diverse beauty of Australia’s East Coast on an unforgettable 18-day experience. Spend 16 nights aboard PONANT’s Le Lapérouse, an intimately sized yacht ship with just 92 staterooms and suites, a world-first multisensory underwater lounge, French-inspired gastronomy, an incomparable wine cellar and luxurious spa.
Your journey begins as you board an included flight to Cairns, where you’ll enjoy one night of luxury accommodation at the five-star Pullman Reef Hotel Casino (or similar). The following day, you’ll board Le Lapérouse for an adventure that will take you across azure seas from Cairns to Sydney, discovering the treasures of the Great Barrier Reef en route. Enjoy Zodiac access to Hardy Reef and board a glass-bottom boat cruise to admire the vibrant sea life and coral reefs drifting by. Explore the Hawkesbury River region, famous for its colourful cliffs, by Zodiac before a quick stop in Sydney. You’ll then continue aboard Le Lapérouse along Australia’s Southeast Coast, from Sydney to Hobart. Set course for Eden, delving into its whaling history, before witnessing breathtaking views across the bay to the Hazard Mountains of Freycinet National Park in Swansea and later the painted cliffs of Maria Island. Your experience concludes with a return flight from Hobart and a plethora of unforgettable memories.
Your cruise includes:
- Roundtrip flights from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Cairns and back from Hobart
- One night of pre-cruise accommodation at the five-star Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns (or similar)
- 16-night expedition cruise from Cairns to Hobart aboard the luxurious Le Lapérouse
- All meals onboard the cruise at two French-inspired restaurants
- Unlimited standard drinks onboard the cruise, with access to the onboard wine cellar, free minibar and room service (does not include premium alcoholic drinks)
- EUR400 onboard credit per stateroom to use anywhere onboard, including specialty dining, spa treatments and shore excursions
- Onboard entertainment, including dancing, classical concerts and movie nights
- 24-hour room service and complimentary Wi-Fi
Your journey takes you from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to: Cairns – Willis Island – Hardy Reef – Percy Island – Lady Musgrave Island – Hawkesbury River – Sydney – Eden – Swansea – Maria Island – Tasman Peninsula – Hobart – Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.