The Outback has no official definition, yet you know when you’re there. It radiates from the heart of the country in the Northern Territory, stretching outwards, encompassing a vast swathe of land. Picture the Outback in your mind and you’ll see shades of ochre, rust and vibrant red, an arid dusty land. Yet within its fold and undulations there are unexpected rock pools and canyons, waterfalls that tumble into refreshing pools, rivers and gorges that snake through cliffs painted in the colours of nature.
With over 50,000 years of history to explore we recommend that you do so with the experts at Outback Spirit. They have over 20 years experience at bringing Australia’s most unique and iconic experiences to life, and will make this experience so much more special.
Arnhem Land Wilderness Adventure
Arnhem Land is a vast and unspoilt region in the northeast corner of the NT. Occupied by Aboriginal people for over 60,000 years, it extends from the Roper River in the Gulf, right around the east and north coasts to the border of Kakadu. Outback Spirit is the only tour company with permission to travel right through the heart of Arnhem Land.
- Journey through the heart of Arnhem Land on an exclusive touring route and immerse yourself in the world’s oldest surviving culture
- Enjoy a ‘Welcome to Country’ performance in Nhulunbuy
- Visit award winning art centres and enjoy a bush Medicine demonstration
- Discover the vast and sacred Arafura Swamp by boat and 4WD
- View exquisite rock art at Mt Borradaile & visit the ancient ‘catacombs’
- Enjoy authentic cultural activities with Indigenous guides
- Explore the rugged Cobourg Peninsula by open back 4WD safari
- Take a half-day Barramundi fishing adventure on the Liverpool River
- Visit the ruins of historic Victoria Settlement at Port Essington, circa 1838
- Explore the pristine waters of Cobourg Marine Park Sanctuary
- Spend 7 nights in our network of luxurious safari camps and wilderness lodges, including 3 nights at the iconic Seven Spirit Bay
Nhulunbuy – Darwin
13 days from $12,995 per person
Red Centre & Field of Light Spectacular
Rising from the outback desert, Uluru carries great spiritual and cultural significance. As darkness falls over Uluru, be amazed as more than 50,000 stems crowned with frosted-glass spheres fill the landscape with colour and light. This spectacular exhibition by acclaimed international artist Bruce Munro is a must-see attraction.
- Admire the internationally acclaimed ‘Field of Light’ display at Uluru and watch as it illuminates the desert night with dazzling effect
- Discover the incredible rugged beauty of Australia’s red centre
- Visit World Heritage Listed Uluru and enjoy a guided base tour
- Explore the rock formations of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Walpa Gorge
- Early risers will experience the magic and beauty of the sun rising over Uluru
- Visit Kings Canyon for a guided scenic walk and journey through the West MacDonnell Ranges, visiting Standley Chasm and Ormiston Gorge
- Dine under the stars at the ‘Sounds of Silence’ dining experience
- Spend 2-nights at the 5-star Sails in the Desert Hotel
Alice Springs – Uluru (and vice-versa)
6 days from $4,795 per person
Book And Travel With Confidence
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve implemented a vaccination policy, enhanced procedures and safety protocols so you can travel with peace of mind.
Experienced & Dependable
Outback Spirit is Australia’s leading small group outback tour operator. After showcasing the outback for over 22 years, they’re one of the most trusted names in the industry.
Terms & Conditions apply. Prices are in AUD and subject to availability. Contact us for more information.