The beautiful colours of autumn greet guests around each bend. Enjoy a hot apple cider from a local coffee shop and take in the fresh fall air as you cruise through the most spectacular gouge area east of the Rocky Mountains. Tree-lined bluffs provide a palette of colours. Come out on the deck as you navigate the highest single-lift lock in the Eastern part of America.
Enjoy your complimentary stay at the pre-cruise hotel. The evening is yours to become acquainted with the city. Both American Queen Voyages and local representatives will be readily available to provide you with dining, entertainment and sightseeing options to maximize your time here.
History awaits in Decatur. Reach out and touch the past – with living stories of the Civil War at your fingertips. Be sure to visit the Old State Bank Building, one of only four structures in the town left unscathed by the turmoil of the Civil War. Its vault, with 22-inch-thick walls, was a haven from blistering bullets, mortar bombs and cannon fire. Take time to experience this Tennessee River legend and absorb the living heritage it has to offer.
Memphis has a plethora of places to visit and things to do for all guests. Embrace the city that has been coined not only the home of the blues but also the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll. Boogie on down to Beale Street – alive with quirky places to indulge in some Southern barbeque, purchase souvenirs for friends and family (or a little something for yourself) and sip on a Blue Suede Tini.
Scenic Gorges in Autumn Plus Memphis Extension
- 1 night pre-cruise hotel stay with breakfast in Chattanooga
- One way transfer from the hotel to the port on cruise departure day
- 10 night Mississippi & Tennessee River cruise aboard the American Countess from Chattanooga to Memphis
- All onboard meals, including both fine dining and casual cuisine
- Complimentary hop-on hop-off shore excursions in each port of call
- 24-Hour room service onboard cruise
- Complimentary onboard cruise beverages including beer, wine by the glass, spirits and cocktails valued at up to US $12 in value per drink including 15% gratuity (does not include special tasting events onboard)
- Complimentary cappuccino, espresso, specialty coffees, tea, bottled water and soft drinks throughout your cruise voyage
- A dedicated fleet of deluxe motor coaches
- Port charges of USD $349 per person
- Prepaid ships gratuities of USD $195 per person
13 Night Cruise-Stay Package Departing 28 October 2022
From US$3,842* pp, twin share in an Inside Stateroom
Tell us ‘the king sent you’ for an exclusive bonus*
The Queen Of The Rivers: American Countess
The newest gem in the American Queen Voyages’ riverboat fleet, American Countess welcomes 245 passengers along the Tennessee, Ohio, Cumberland, and Mississippi rivers. Her sleek, contemporary design offers plenty of open space for gathering and sharing the fun, and you’ll love the great forward-facing windows and the portside bar with an 80-foot view.
Savour fresh, regional cuisine in the Grand Dining Room with its custom Italian fabrics and rich walnut accents, the floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic views of the shoreline morning, noon and night. Work out in the contemporary gym with its brand new equipment and a dramatic river backdrop. Relax or watch your flat-screen TV in the inviting surroundings of your stateroom with premium linens and plush bedding.