Want to learn how to drink, eat & cook like an Italian?
Join Amy and her team live from Rome via Zoom this November for 3 exciting Italian culinary & cooking classes! Book 1, 2 or all 3 classes today!
We are sending this email to you purely to support our Tourism Partners.
Please contact Amy directly for any inquiries, she really is brilliant!!
(If you scroll to the end you can see me and my son with Amy in Rome in 2019
While international travel to Italy has stopped for the moment our passion for sharing knowledge has not. This is why here at Luxe we have designed this culinary series to bring you closer to real Italian food culture.
Join us live from Rome with Amy and food & wine specialist Marta to learn about this rich culinary world in three sessions designed to be fun hands-on learning experiences where you will walk away having gained new perspective and real insight into what Italy actually is instead of what popular culture perceives it to be.
14TH NOVEMBER 2020: APERITIVO (2 HOURS)
Delve into the popular Italian happy hour: aperitivo. Join us as we share the history of Italian cocktail staples like Aperol for the perfect spritz and its modern variants. Let us show you how to create the perfect cheese and cured meats spread for your next dinner party, learn about the chemistry behind aging prosciutto and how to recognize real Parmigiano Reggiano. We will show you how to make an authentic Aperol Spritz so get ready to channel your inner bartender!
Of course no aperitivo hour would be complete without wine, so let us explain the specifics of prosecco (and other Italian bubbly) as well as how best to pair it.
21ST NOVEMBER 2020: PASTA MAKING (2 HOURS)
Fellini said that ‘life is a combination of magic & pasta’. We couldn’t agree more! Making fresh pasta shouldn’t be a special event. Let us show you how to incorporate making fresh pasta into your weekly meal planning. In an effort to move away from packaged foods and channel your inner Nonna, we will teach you how to make two pasta shapes you’ve never seen or heard of before. Each pasta will need to be accompanied by its own sauce which Marta will teach you how to make from scratch. Get ready to have some fun & get your ‘mani in pasta’ your hands in the dough!
28TH NOVEMBER 2020: DESSERTS (2 HOURS)
Here at Luxe we love our history and we love our sweets. We have been making desserts in Italy since the ancient Romans but how did we do it before the New World & the discovery of sugar cane & its by-products? We’ll take you on a journey through time & taste which involves monks, bees & wine! You will be making two desserts of which one is a cake and the other a biscotti. Heavily rooted in tradition, these desserts will surprise and delight you.
WHO IS THIS CULINARY SERIES FOR?
- All ages from kids to the young at heart! 🙂
- Singles, families, couples, groups of friends
- Perfect for anyone who’s curious about Italian cuisine: from beginners to intermediates
- Join alone or with your family & friends & get ready to have some fun!
WHY JOIN US?
- Have fun learning, cooking, drinking & eating with Marta & Amy!
- Learn niche facts that you wouldn’t come across unless you were in Italy
- Gain real understanding and practical notions on how to create these dishes (They’re easier than you think!)
- Travel from home in this difficult time and connect with the rest of the world
- Prepare & eat authentic Italian food without the price tag (Just like Italians!)
- By being part of this Culinary Series you will be supporting a small, women-led business and its employees who are committed to sustainable & slow tourism in Italy.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Our combined historical, gastronomic and cultural knowledge goes beyond what you’ll find in cookbooks and travel blogs. You’ll learn from professionals in the field who have worked in the international food and beverage world for more than 10 years.
- How to create an Italian Aperitivo.
- How to make unusual pastas and their sauces from scratch.
- How to bake two Italian desserts you won’t have eaten before.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Basic kitchen utensils and appliances including a basic pasta making machine.
- Complete list of ingredients and tools required to be sent upon booking.
- We will be choosing ingredients that will be easily available in the US/Australia/UK.
DATES & TIMES
Saturdays: 14th, 21st & 28th November
Class duration : 2 hours
7pm Australian EST
European CEST: 7pm
Only 25 euro per lesson, per screen. Get the whole family or friends together & have some fun (just make sure you have enough space in your kitchens for you to all prepare).
Inclusions: Recipes & instructions for each lesson
Culinary Series Package :
*Purchase all 3 lessons & receive a 10% discount.
67.50 euro instead of 75 euro for 6 hours of live lessons & complete recipe booklet.
*You will also receive a 25 euro voucher for use against future Luxe Associates Travel in person tours when travel to Italy resumes (no expiry)
***Note: the lessons will run with a minimum of 4 screens booked. If the minimum is not reached, you will receive a full refund.
WOULD YOU LIKE A PRIVATE OR CUSTOMISED EXPERIENCE?
We are able to customise & develop new culinary & other virtual ideas according to your wishes. Whether it be private classes, birthday celebrations, corporate & team building events, we can help! Email Amy
I’M IN! HOW DO I BOOK?
Book me in, Scotty!
Click the link above to our website to pay securely online (yes, we know it’s beam me up Scotty but we couldn’t resist!)
We’ll be in touch with your booking confirmation & all the information you’ll need to know!
Thank you for supporting our small tourism business.
No prizes for guessing which part was the best for my son!