Discover the hidden gems of Aotearoa/New Zealand and its three main islands (the North Island, South Island, and Stewart Island) on this unforgettable 11-day expedition cruise of coastal New Zealand. From the bright lights of New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland, to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua, Dunedin’s avant garde fashion labels and the adventure playground of Queenstown this is the ultimate Kiwi adventure to experience it all.
Those looking for a thrilling expedition filled with wildlife encounters will enjoy observations of dolphins and whale watching, exceptional birdwatching including a number of rare endemic species and an albatross colony on the Otago Peninsula. Those with a taste for gourmet delights will enjoy experiencing some of New Zealand’s award-winning cuisine. There truly is something for everyone on this expedition cruise.
Highlighted Ports of Call (Three Of Many!)
The most French town in New Zealand, Akaroa will have you entranced with its historic buildings, magnificent harbour and passion for fine food. Uncover the heart of an ancient volcano filled with an oasis of sparkling colours and eclectic excursions. Surrounded by natural wonders, wilderness meets the edges of this historical French settlement, providing access to your next adventure.
With 1500km of New Zealand’s coastline, Marlborough Sounds is a collection of ancient sunken river valleys filled with the waters of the Pacific Ocean. Forested hills rise steeply from the sea around an intricate coastline of sheltered inlets and sandy bays. The area has three main bodies of water – Queen Charlotte, Kenepuru and Pelorus Sounds.
Stewart Island is New Zealand’s third-largest island, situated 30 kilometres south of the South Island, across the Foveaux Strait. In the Māori language, it’s known as Rakiura which means “the land of glowing skies”. You’ll get an inkling of why when you see the Aurora Australis which often appears in these southern skies.
Your Host: Heritage Adventurer
Setting a peerless standard in authentic expedition travel, Heritage Adventurer(formerly known as MS Hanseatic ) combines the highest passenger ship ice-class rating (1A Super) with an impressive history of Polar exploration. Having held records for the most northern and southern Arctic and Antarctic navigations, and for traversing both the Northwest and Northeast Passages, makes Heritage Adventurer perfect for pioneering New Zealand-based Heritage Expeditions signature experiential expedition travel.
Originally designed to accommodate 184 guests, Heritage Adventurer now welcomes just 140 expeditioners ensuring spacious, stylish and comfortable voyages, while a fleet of 14 Zodiacs ensures all guests are able to maximise their expedition adventure.
The Package: Inclusions, Dates & Pricing
- FREE* Return economy class airfare from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to Auckland and ex Queenstown on return inc. tax
- FREE* one-way transfer from Auckland airport to hotel
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Auckland with group dinner and breakfast
- One-way transfer from the hotel to the port in Tauranga with touring en route at Rotorua
- 9-night expedition cruise aboard the Heritage Adventurer (140 guests) from Tauranga to the Port of Bluff
- All shipboard main meals – house beer, wine and soft drinks included with lunch and dinner
- All expedition shore excursions
- Landing fees of $500 per person
- One way transfer from the Port of Bluff to Queenstown hotel after disembarkation
- FREE* 1-night accommodation in Queenstown with breakfast
- FREE* one-way transfer from Queenstown hotel to the airport
11 Nights Departing 14 November 2022
Deck 4 Superior – Oceanview $9,595 per person
Deck 5 Superior – Oceanview $10,225 per person
Main Deck Single – Oceanview $12,495 per person