ABOUT THE POLICY
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
We collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements or that will enable us to provide you with our goods and services. We may also collect information about you in order for you to register as a member, complete a travel profile, participate in a survey or promotion, ask a question or initiate a transaction on our website, over the phone, a mobile application or through a franchised agent.
For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, and details of your flight, hotel and car bookings and other travel details.
We collect your personal information directly from you in the course of providing a product or service or when you have other dealings with us. For example, your personal information will be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or an email, visit our website, complete an online registration form, provide information to complete a booking or subscribe to a service provided by us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to:
• provide you with travel products and services;
• consider your request for a product or service;
• provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you including information about our business partners’ products and services;
• assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
• collect and process payments, though us or a third party;
• perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
• to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
• analyse how our products and services (including any websites) are used;
• personalise the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations; and
• investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers);
• third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
• our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services;
• third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
• third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as our call centre operator and mailing house. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it;
• government authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency; and
• others where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
The third parties we disclose your personal information to (our suppliers and our travel service providers) may be located overseas. We will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper based facilities and other records. If you have registered on our website, we store your personal information in databases, and email servers. This includes storage of information (such as billing information) so that you do not need to re-enter/tell us it each time you book a product or service unless you tell us not to store it.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems. We use a combination of security measures to prevent the unauthorised access of our servers and regularly review our security policies. Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by EITC, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to some exceptions contained in the Privacy Act, you can find out what personal information we hold about you. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access. Depending on the complexity of your request, we may charge a reasonable fee for processing the request. However, we will not charge for the making of the request.
WHAT ABOUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is desirable for your travel arrangements. We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and reasonably expected. Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER TRAVELLERS
MARKETING AND PRIVACY
Serving customers well is very important to us. As part of this service, we may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or exciting products or services and special offers that may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners’ products and services.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, including communications from us on behalf of our business partners, please use the unsubscribe facility.
LINKS AND SOCIAL PLUG-INS
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact us.
We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable. If we find a complaint justified, we will resolve it, and, if necessary we will change our policies and procedures to maintain our high standards of performance, service and customer care.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information on privacy, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s (OAIC’s) hotline service on 1300 363 992 or visit the OAIC ‘s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
We recommend that you review this policy regularly as we may amend it from time to time.
If you have any concerns about your privacy or what information we may need to share whilst making your travel arrangements please ask your consultant.