See the quintessential Australian beauty of the sun-scorched Red Centre in a whole new light during this five-day luxury small-group tour (max. 16 travellers). Challenge everything you thought you knew about the Northern Territory as you rise with the sun on a hot air balloon ride over Alice Springs, soar over Uluru-Kata Tjuta via helicopter and delve deep into the sacred secrets of the outback on an intimate 4WD tour and Mt Conner sunset visit.
Travel into the Northern Territory’s ethereal core and discover its rich Indigenous history and geological wonders, from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon and Uluru. Hike the Kings Canyon Rim Walk — 440 million years in the making — and find a new appreciation for the breathtaking magnitude of your own backyard.
A powerful and ancient experience awaits as you connect with the spiritual land of Uluru-Kata Tjuta and watch the sunrise over Bruce Munro’s Field of Light art installation — made up of 50,000 spindles of light, breathing and swaying in beautiful ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white. Learn about life in Australia’s remote outback via local guides and feel the earth of the country’s most sacred sites beneath your feet as you connect with the very heart of the Red Centre.
Take five days to discover the secrets of the Northern Territory, enjoying daily gourmet dining with wine and handpicked accommodation along the way — including two nights at Uluru’s five-star Sails in the Desert.
Your tour includes:
- Four nights of handpicked accommodation, including one night at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters under the MacDonnell Ranges, one night at Kings Canyon Resort and two nights at the five-star Sails in the Desert
- Daily breakfast, three lunches and four dinners with wine, including a BBQ dinner at Uluru-Kata Tjuta and a traditional outback dinner at Curtin Springs Station
- Take to the skies on a sunrise hot air balloon experience over Alice Springs
- Soar over Uluru-Kata Tjuta during a 25-minute helicopter flight
- Witness Bruce Munro’s incredible Field of Light art installation at sunrise in Uluru
- Learn about outback life at Alice Springs School of the Air and Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Discover how one family is campaigning for sustainable living in Alice Springs at Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre
- Join a local guide for an immersive Aboriginal cultural experience
- Take a 2km creek bed walk at Kings Canyon
- Choose to join the optional Kings Canyon Rim Walk (6km), an iconic outback experience
- Watch the sunset with drinks at Uluru and with sparkling wine at Mt Conner
- Escape the crowds on an intimate 4WD ride with a local guide in Uluru
- Roundtrip airport transfers as per the itinerary
- The services of a travel director and expert insider guides/drivers
- Admission and sightseeing fees as per the itinerary
Your journey takes you to: Alice Springs — Kings Canyon — Uluru (Mt Conner).