Your journey takes you to: Launceston – Cradle Mountain – Strahan – Gordon River – Launceston.
Discover Tasmania, where the land is untamed, the food is gourmet and the wine is local, on this incredible six-day, luxury small-group tour (max 10 travellers). Northwest Tasmania is wild to its core, yet that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it in absolute luxury – with gorgeous handpicked accommodation, out-of-this-world experiences and all meals included.
Mountains, rivers, forests and lakes; feel worlds away from civilisation when you’re surrounded by the wonders of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. There’s nothing quite like the humbling experience of being surrounded by sublime natural landscapes – and you can chase that feeling on this incredible journey. Take guided walks through ancient forests in Cradle Mountain – Lake St Clair National Park, where 1000-year-old pines tower over you on the King Billy Track. Circle the perimeter of Cataract Gorge on foot before gaining an aerial perspective aboard the chairlift, which spans the entire length of the gorge. Then, glide along the picturesque Gordon River on the ultra-quiet electric Spirit of the Wild cruiser for an utterly tranquil experience.
Tasmania is the perfect place to indulge your inner gourmand, with countless wineries, breweries and distilleries scattered throughout the island state. Enjoy a private tasting at renowned Josef Chromy Wines and Tamar Valley winery, which showcase the best drops in the region. For those devoted to the stronger stuff, a Hellyers Road Distillery tour reveals the secrets to creating one of the world’s finest single malt whiskies. Foodies will relish the daily dining experiences, with gourmet meals featuring some of the finest, freshest ingredients Tasmania has to offer – not to mention the artisan truffle and handmade chocolate tastings.
Welcome to Tasmania – this six-day adventure is for nature lovers, foodies, novice sommeliers and everyone in between.
Your tour includes:
- Five nights of handpicked accommodation: one night at the five-star Hotel Verge in Launceston, two nights at Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge and two nights at Strahan Village
- Daily breakfast plus five lunches and four dinners, with one glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- Admire the natural beauty of iconic natural landmarks with guided walks around Cataract Gorge, Dove Lake and King Billy Track
- Enjoy a private tasting experience at Tamar Valley winery
- Savour a private tasting of artisan truffle products at Tamar Valley Truffles
- Visit Josef Chromy Wines for lunch and a tasting of its signature wines
- Look out for Tasmanian devils on a wildlife spotting tour of Cradle Mountain – Lake St Clair National Park
- Take a guided tour of Sheffield to discover the history behind the town’s vibrant murals
- Enjoy a whisper-quiet cruise along the Gordon River on the electric Spirit of the Wild, with lunch and drinks included thanks to VIP Upper Deck access
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of Hellyers Road Distillery and learn the process behind their single malt whisky
- Enjoy a chocolate tasting at House of Anvers boutique chocolate maker
- Return airport transfers
- Transportation in a private vehicle throughout the tour
- The services of an expert local driver-guide