Follow in the footsteps of international celebrities and dignitaries in the hallowed halls of Melbourne’s grandest hotel: The Hotel Windsor. With previous guests ranging from English and Hollywood royalty to former Australian prime ministers, this five-star, heritage-listed property is world-renowned for its original Victoriana décor and as the home of Australia’s longest continual afternoon tea service. Sitting at the top of Spring Street, in Melbourne’s CBD, this grand hotel couldn’t be closer to the action – it’s opposite Parliament House and surrounded by some of the city’s best-known bars and restaurants. A short wander north gets you to the happening neighbourhoods of Fitzroy and Collingwood, while the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), locals’ preferred place of worship, is just a 15-minute walk away.
Built in 1883, The Hotel Windsor retains its heritage charm but, thanks to a few updates, includes all the modern amenities of a five-star hotel. Luxurious rooms and suites feature marble bathrooms and generous furnishings that encourage total relaxation. Stop by the classic dining room for afternoon tea and enjoy scones, sandwiches and pastries on tiered trays, paired with NV champagne and house-blended teas. Pop into the cosy Cricketers Bar for lunch or dinner inspired by classic English pub fare or order up to your room – room service meals come courtesy of modern Southeast Asian restaurant SUNDA, just a three-minute walk from the hotel.
Inclusions (select packages/nights only)
- Sample Australia’s longest continual tea service in the hotel’s dining room with A$50 dining credit per room
- Enjoy a complimentary upgrade from a Traditional Room (Superior Rooms only)
- Forget the alarm – you can enjoy a sumptuous sleep-in with guaranteed 1pm late checkout (for stays of 2+ nights)
- Start your stay with a bottle of red wine on arrival (for stays of 3+ nights)
- Rest easy knowing your car is safe and sound with complimentary parking (for stays of 5+ nights)
- Order that extra starter with A$75 dining credit total per room (for stays of 6+ nights)
- Go all out with A$100 dining credit total per room (for stays of 7+ nights)