Exchange city crowds for hundred-year-old trees with an indulgent nature escape at the freshly renovated Trawool Estate, less than a 1.5-hour drive from Melbourne. Surrounded by uninterrupted views of the National Trust-listed Trawool Valley, this beautiful, resort-style heritage hotel offers farm-to-table dining, an outdoor swimming pool and luxe accommodation, perfect for everyone from families to couples looking for a romantic escape.
Spend your days meandering through rolling paddocks, discovering the award-winning wineries and produce of the Goulburn Valley, or listening to the hum of the bush as you sip on a cocktail or your favourite brew on tap. Right in front of the hotel is the Great Victorian Rail Trail, a cycling and walking track that runs from Tallarook to Mansfield through the Trawool Valley. Take a gentle stroll through local flora and fauna, surrounded by shady woodland and open farmland, then decide whether you’re more in the mood for a hearty climb on the Cathkin to Alexandra section or a pitstop at a local café.
Inclusions (select nights):
- Delicious daily breakfast at Wild Water restaurant, featuring sweeping views of the Goulburn Valley
- A bottle of Australian sparkling wine waiting for you in your room on arrival (for stays of 2+ nights)
- A fun cocktail masterclass with the head bartender (for stays of 3+ nights)
- Guaranteed late checkout at 12pm so you can make the most of your stay (for stays of 3+ nights)
- A two-course ‘chef’s experience’ dinner at Wild Water with a paired drink each per course (for stays of 4+ nights)
- A cocktail kit containing three signature Trawool Estate creations (for stays of 5+ nights)
Travelling with family? The Valley Room is the perfect choice for you, complete with a queen bed, separate twin room and single trundle bed, and convenient kitchenette facilities (surcharges apply for extra guests, see package for details).